Credit sign c
Students and Parents
College Credit Plus is an exciting opportunity to experience a college environment, the rigor of college-level coursework, and earn college credit prior to high school graduation. On this page, you’ll find student and parent resources in regards to College Credit Plus eligibility and the Tri-C admissions process. For more information on enrollment, contact the College Credit Plus coordinator at your closest campus.
CCP Steps to Enroll
- Apply to Tri-C
- Select the campus you will be attending
- See the Admissions Checklist for detailed instructions.
- Submit a high school transcript or middle school grade report and qualifying ACT or SAT scores to the College Credit Plus coordinator at your chosen campus.
- If you have not yet taken the ACT or SAT, or your scores do not meet English/math placement requirements, please complete the test prep and review and take the Tri-C English and math placement tests.
- Your acceptance packet will be sent via U.S. mail. The packet will include registration instructions.
Returning CCP Enrollment Steps
- Request an updated high school transcript or middle school grade report once a year in the Spring after January grades are posted and send it to the College Credit Plus coordinator at your campus.
- Complete the Tri-C Authorization to Attend Form with your school counselor/school approver.
- Once complete, you will be sent an email instructing you to make an appointment with your assigned Tri-C academic counselor to ensure that the courses you’ve chosen will fulfill your degree or certificate requirements.
- Register for Tri-C courses online.
Private & Homeschool Student Information
Students attending a private high school and homeschool students must apply to the Ohio Department of Education to receive funding to underwrite their costs. You must submit a letter to the Ohio Department of Education of your Intent to Participate by the indicated deadline. In addition, you must complete a sign-up for a SAFE account to apply for funding . We recommend you apply to the college and complete all requirements by April 1.
Home school families with College Credit Plus students can take advantage of lower tuition and book costs at Tri-C by signing a College Credit Plus Tuition and Book Agreement for Home School families and providing a W-9. Please contact Heidi Nicholas, Director of Enrollment Management: [email protected]
Tri-C offers an Early Admissions program for high school students that have missed the Intent to Participate deadlines or are not eligible for College Credit Plus. Early admit students have a self-pay option only.
Choose Tri-C After CCP
- Get started at Tri-C as a traditional full-time student.
- Take advantage of Tri-C Scholarships.
- Explore 4-year college partnerships.
- Participate in one of many Honors and Scholars Programs.