Credit one vs capital one
Credit One® VS. Capital One® | What are the Differences?
By: Eric Bank Updated: 8/13/2018
Advertiser Disclosure tap to close
Although they sound alike, make no mistake that Capital One and Credit One offer very dissimilar credit cards. Capital One is a dominant issuer and suits folks with excellent, good, or average credit. Credit One is a smaller financial institution geared toward consumers with bad or no credit. To quickly navigate to what you’re interested in most, use the links below.
Capital One® — Best for Average/Good/Excellent Credit
Capital One is a Fortune 500 diversified bank with a broad offering of financial services and products to consumers and businesses. It is among the top 10 largest banks in the U.S. with respect to deposits. The bank branches are primarily located in the District of Columbia, Louisiana, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and Virginia.
- Online Banking Access: Allows you to easily and quickly manage your account whenever.
- Capital One Wallet App: Provides instant purchase notifications, receipt capture, digitized gift cards, and purchase details.
- 24/7 Customer Service: Available from real human beings.
- Automatic Account Alerts: Alerts via email or text keep you up to date on your account, as well as 24/7 monitoring and security alerts to inform you whenever unusual activity is detected.
- Fraud Coverage: Interactive alerts in real time via email, text, or phone whenever fraudulent use of your card is attempted, with 100 percent coverage against fraud liability.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees: Never any on international purchases.
- Travel & Auto Rental Insurance: For peace of mind when you’re away from home.
- Free Capital One Credit Tracker: Provides your credit score, a what-if simulator, and more.
- Second Look Program: Recognizes and informs you of unusual or duplicate charges.
- Digitally Enhanced Transaction Details: Allows you to keep track of all your activity.
- Extended Warranty: Additional coverage on items purchased with a Capital One Card.
3 Capital One® Credit Cards for Excellent Credit